Under this Conservative Government West Mercia Police has lost over £91million, this means less Police officers on our streets and crime increasing.
As the former Chair of the Telford & Wrekin Police Board, I understand how to win the best deal for our Police.
Under the Tory Police & Crime Commissioner, the level of knife crime, robberies and violent crime has increased. Instead of a costly reorganisation of our Police under this Tory Commissioner, I would prioritise getting the resources our Police force desperately needs.
Strong community policing matters to me and every resident of West Mercia that is why in my first term I would:
- Focus frontline policing on tackling County Lines & anti-social behaviour.
- Recruit and retrain specialised staff to keep Police on the streets not behind the desk.
- Implement a true living wage and trade union practices for staff.
- On day one I would scrap the costly takeover of the Fire & Police forces in West Mercia.
- Unlike the Tory Commissioner, I would work closely with all partners, and neighbouring police forces to get the best from West Mercia Police.
As your Labour Police & Crime Commissioner, we could achieve so much more.