Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn yesterday slammed the Tories ‘complacent’ budget speech and highlighted how a Labour government would build a better fairer economy. It’s well worth sparing 20 minutes to watch Jeremy’s speech in full at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amEZ77Rc6iQ
Jeremy slated the budget as complacent for:
- ignoring the desperate state of public services including the NHS, social care and the police
- not recognising daily life for millions of people struggling to make ends meet
- ruining lives of disabled people whose benefits have been slashed
- offering nothing to young people with no prospect of getting a decent home to rent or buy
- and on National Women’s Day, offering nothing to women who have borne 86% of the Tories benefits cuts and tax rises since 2010.
Instead the Government have prioritised further tax cuts for the wealthiest, corporations, and those with the largest assets to pass on.
What would Labour do ? Jeremy set out Labour plans to:
- raise the minimum wage to the real living wage
- end the public sector wage cap, take action on zero hours contracts and clamp down on bogus self employment
- allow Councils to build more houses
- introduce fair funding for infrastructure investment across the country, investment that is green and addresses our climate change and air pollution commitments.
The Tory budget completely fails the millions of ‘just managing’ families that Theresa May claims to want to help. Jeremy Corbyn’s alternatives would really improve their lives.
Please share as widely as possible.